- Boot R1 in the Free CCNA workbook GNS3 Lab Topology.
- Establish an active Console Session to R1.
- A Newer Cisco IOS Image compatible with your Cisco Device.
- A TFTP Server is required for this lab. You may need to download Solarwinds TFTP Server and configure it prior to attempting this lab.
- If needed, Download and Install Solarwinds TFTP Server.
- Place the New Cisco IOS Image file in the TFTP Server Root Directory.
- Configure your TFTP Server and Cisco device to be within the same ip subnet, ie; 10.1.1.1/24 & 10.1.1.2/24
- Ensure you have Ethernet connectivity from your TFTP server to the Cisco device which youâ€™re upgrading.
- Copy the new image file from the tftp server to your Cisco device, you will be prompted to erase the flash memory.
- Once the new Cisco IOS Image is copied to the device flash memory, reboot the device and verify the upgrade was successful.